- The new Fundations letters learned this week were e & r. Both letters are tricky sounds to master. Don't forget to practice at home!
- enVision Math: We are continuing with Topic 4, comparing numbers. This week, we learned to compare 1 more, 1 fewer, and 2 more.
- Our centers this week focused a lot on Thanksgiving:
- Listening Center: Turkey Trouble
- Writing Center: we wrote what we are thankful for.
- Art Center: Cupcake turkeys
- Game Center: First Sound Fluency - Pick a Turkey
- Fundations Center: practiced letters e & r
- Poetry Center: I'm Glad I'm Not a Turkey
- Morning Meeting: Dice Greet, and playing Chief.
- Social Lesson with Ms. Greene: learning about the word patience.
- Computer class: we watched a BrainPOP video on why we celebrate Thanksgiving, and then designed our own turkey
- Library: We listened to the story Click Clack Boo!
- New Brain Break: I'm Awake, Alert, Alive, Enthusiastic!
- Class Reward: As a whole class, we have been working so hard and remembering our classroom rules and following the expected behaviors. As a result, we filled up our class ticket jar! Our class reward was to have Book Buddy day on Friday, with a second grade class! Take a peek at the pictures below!
- What are some words that begin with the letter e?
- What are some words that begin with the letter r?
- For an additional challenge, tell your Kindergartener a word, and ask them what sound he/she hears at the beginning. See if they can tell you what letter the word begins with!
- Ask your Kindergartener to count as high as they can. We are practicing counting orally to 100!
- Tell your child a number. Can they tell you 1 more/1 less/2 more of that number?
- What is your child thankful for?
- Ask your child why we celebrate Thanksgiving.
- See if your child can perform our new Brain Break: I'm Awake, Alert, Alive, Enthusiastic!
Don't forget next week is a short week!
Dismissal will begin around 11:45. Please let me know any changes in your child's dismissal as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to another exciting week in K!