We have been very busy here in Room 6. Please take a look below to see all the work and fun we have been doing the past few weeks!
We learned about the letters a & g this week. These letters are very tricky to write, so we will continue practicing these two letters, as well as all letters previously learned, next week. Don't forget to practice at home too!
This week, we talked a lot about why we celebrate Thanksgiving, and some things we are thankful for. We wrote thank you cards to a person we are thankful for. Together we made a thankful tree to decorate our classroom door. Look below to see what your child is thankful for.
We discussed what about turkeys we would like to know more about. The students generated some great questions! Check out the questions below....please be sure to ask your child if his/her question was answered!
We read some nonfiction books to see if any of our questions about turkeys could be answered, and to learn new information about turkeys. We used our new learning to brainstorm words to describe what turkeys are, what turkeys can do, and what turkeys have.
On Friday, we made some turkeys out of colorful paper. They came out fantastic!
In math, we began a new Topic: Topic 4, Comparing Numbers 0-10. In this topic, children are learning to compare and contrast numbers within 10. Here are some math vocabulary words to talk about with your child: greater than, less than, more, fewer, number sequence, and order.
Ms. Greene is our school guidance counselor. She will be coming in our class once per week to teach students important social skills, such as determining the size of a problem and how their reaction to a problem should match the size; how to make a new friend, how to have patience etc. On Monday, we learned what a number 1, 2 and 5 size problem could be! Be sure to ask your child for some examples!
Here are some pictures of students sharing from last week and this week. Students are continuing to do a great job when their share with their classmates!
Happy birthday to Rhys - his birthday was on November 11th, and Samuel - his birthday was on November 17th!
If your child's birthday is coming up, and you would like more information on a birthday poster, please let me know!
What does it mean to be "The One" at Fox Hill?
This Week's Shake Breaks & Poem!
Get the Kindergarten Conversation Started at Home...
- What is your child thankful for?
- What is some new information your child learned about turkeys? Did his/her question about turkeys get answered?
- Ask your child what is an example of a size 1 problem? What about a size 2, or 5?
- What are some examples of words that begin with a or g?
- Our school's vocabulary parade will be on Wednesday, November 23rd. Don't forget to send in your child's vest by Monday, November 21st. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child's vest, please let me know!
- Wednesday November 23rd is a half day of school. If you haven't already, please let me know your child's dismissal plans for this day as soon as possible!
- I'm looking forward to meeting with you for a parent-teacher conference the week of November 28th-December 1st. If something comes up and you are unable to meet with me as scheduled (or if your are unsure when our scheduled parent-teacher conference is), please let me know!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!