This week, Room 6 has been doing a lot of "building and growing!" On Tuesday, the children got to choose to build their very own race cars or monster trucks. The students did a fantastic job at following directions and putting their car or truck together. We may have some future engineers on our hands!
Please take a look at the pictures below to check out our fun-filled day!
A HUGE thank you to our volunteers, Mrs. Abdo and Mrs. McSweeney! We couldn't have done Build and Grow without you!!!
Other news this week:
- Our theme this week featured the different holidays, traditions and celebrations during the month of December. We read several stories together, and did crafts to learn about these traditions. We even learned how to say good morning in different languages this week during morning meeting!
- Our new letters this week are: v and w
- We finished Topic 5 this week, numbers up to 20. We will begin Topic 6 when we return from Winter Break.
- On Friday we had book buddies. Together, the students got to make a holiday themed mask!
- Our class reward on Friday was getting to go on a fun obstacle course in the gym! A much-deserved reward, and we had a blast! Take a look at the pictures below at the obstacle course!
- ask your Kindergartener to come up with words that begin with v or w.
- ask your child about build and grow. Did he/she choose to build a car or truck? What was their favorite part of build and grow?
- ask your child to tell you about going to the holiday concert on Thursday. We saw a great performance by some 3rd, 4th and 5th graders!!
- computer class: ask your child about building their very own gingerbread houses on the computer!
- book buddies: ask your kindergartener about Book Buddies on Friday. What is his/her book buddy's name. Can your child remember anything else about their book buddy?
- morning meeting: ask your Kindergartener to tell you how to say "hello" in the different languages we learned this week!! A few include Spanish, French and Japanese!
- can your child tell you anything about the holiday traditions we learned about this week?
- Polar express day is on Tuesday, December 22nd!!! Your child may wear his/ her pajamas to school. Your child may bring slippers in his/her backpack to wear.
If you are volunteering for Polar Express Day, please check in at the Main Office around 9:30. You will be assisting kindergarten teachers eight the set-up, clean-up, and facilitation of holiday themed centers and crafts. Thank you in advance for your time; we are looking forward to an exciting day!!!